Saturday, December 6, 2008

Retrofit Your Home and Qualify for a Grant!

Retrofit Your Home and Qualify for a Grant!


Thinking of ways to make your home more energy efficient? Here's what you can do to reduce your energy consumption and receive grants through ecoENERGY Retrofit.

Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) is offering a new residential energy efficiency assessment service to owners of single family homes, including detached, semi-detached and low-rise multi-unit residential buildings (MURBs) that are no more than three storeys high. Under the ecoENERGY Retrofit program, property owners can qualify for federal grants by improving the energy efficiency of their homes and reducing their home's impact on the environment.

NRCan-certified energy advisors conduct a detailed on-site assessment of your home's energy use from the attic down to the basement. They then provide you with a personalized report, including a checklist of recommended retrofits to improve the energy efficiency of your home or MURB and, in some cases, to reduce water consumption. The report also shows the grant amounts for each eligible upgrade that you can receive by carrying out these energy-saving improvements.

On the following pages, you will find a list of improvements covered under ecoENERGY RetrofitHomes and the corresponding grant amounts. The maximum grant you can receive for a home or MURB is $5,000.

The grant is calculated and based on amounts that are in effect at the time of the post-retrofit evaluation (E evaluation).

Effective January 1, 2008

No comments: